Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), and Wastelands Interactive (www.wastelands-interactive.com) are excited to announce the release of the turn-based grand strategy game Strategic War in Europe. Set in World War II, it is up to players to lead their nations to victory by utilizing diplomacy, technological advancements, and recruiting and commanding armies.
Players will be able to select one or more of the 25 nations across three World War II alliances in Strategic War in Europe to command across a large full-scale map. With Strategic War in Europe players won’t have to worry about being overwhelmed with extreme map sizes and sections, perfect for new players and quicker multiplayer games.
Be ready to protect your convoys and supply lines, troop transports and maintain air supremacy, you’ll need it against a challenging AI that can be modified into five different difficulties. Utilize unique commanders to boost your army’s abilities and gain experience in the battlefield. The path to victory is numerous, allowing for multiple games that aren’t played the same way.
Strategic War in Europe is packed with features:
- Six unique scenarios spanning the time between 1939-1944
- An expansive map of Europe and North Africa that is 68 hexes wide and 47 hexes high
- Ability for players to control up to 25 countries across the three World War II alliances (Allies, Axis, USSR)
- Five scaling difficulty settings for each country for added challenge and replayability
- Build your army to attack from land, sea, and air
- Accessible economy and production system
- Supply system based on convoys and railroads
- Technology system that expands five unique areas of research
- Dynamic weather system that affects the tide of war
- Units can be boosted by commanders and gather experience, which can change the course of war
- Possibility to customize many aspects of the game, as Fog of War, or tracking AI movement
- Reports which allow to easily check what happens in the past
- Unlimited number of players in hotseat mode
- Up to 4 players in PBEM mode
About Strategic War in Europe
Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.
Strategic War in Europe features a large map scale that doesn’t overwhelm, perfect for newer players and for multiplayer!
Maintain convoys and supply lines, transport troops through the sea, secure air supremacy and hope for good weather – all of those are ingredients of ultimate victory. There are multiple ways to achieve victory, allowing nearly unlimited replayability.
The war in Europe begins!
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.