The new Napoleonic Grand Strategy title is now available at the Matrix Games Online Store.
Matrix Games and Slitherine Strategies are pleased to announce that Commander – Napoleon at War, the sequel to the highly popular Commander - Europe at War, is now available!Commander - Napoleon at War is the newest game in the Commander series, taking the acclaimed design introduced in Commander - Europe at War to the next level. Building on the international success of its predecessor, Commander: Napoleon at War brings the same simple and intuitive gameplay mechanics to the Napoleonic era, creating a different and even more compelling gaming experience.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “We’re thrilled to work with Slitherine and Firepower again to deliver this great new title in the Commander series. Napoleonic fans and strategy gamers who enjoyed the fun and intuitive gameplay of Commander – Europe at War will be right at home with Commander – Napoleon at War.”
In Commander – Napoleon at War, players must use the combined arms of infantry, cavalry and artillery combined with the innovations and strategies of the Napoleonic wars to secure victory. Play on a beautifully rendered map of Napoleonic Europe, where terrain and weather play a large role and mud and snow may bog down your army at a crucial time. Logistics are also modelled, with supply lines, resources and sieges and the use of privateers and naval superiority to stifle trade routes. Players have twelve unit types to choose from as well as fifteen research paths, and eight immersive historical campaigns from 1805 through 1815!
- 8 immersive campaigns (including a full 1805-1815 campaign) starting from Napoleon’s war with Austria, Russia and Britan in 1805 up to the 100 days campaign ending at Waterloo in 1815.
- Take control of Napoleon's forces or the Allied Coalition who opposed him, including Britain, Prussia, Austria and Russia.
- Huge map covering all of Europe and stretching from Canada and the United States all the way to the Urals and the Middle East in beautiful historical detail
- Choose from up to 15 different historical research paths for each country in five general areas (Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Navy, Warfare)
- Spend Money, Manpower and Horses to build new units and recruit historical leaders, choosing from twelve different unit types ranging from Light Infantry to Frigates.
Can Napoleon’s ambition be denied or will the flag of the Empire of France fly throughout the continent? It is up to you to write the story of the Napoleonic Wars in Commander: Napoleon at War!