The hotly awaited tactical turn-based game is now available for purchase from Matrix!
Matrix Games is excited to announce that Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge is now available for purchase via the Matrix Games Online Store. Now gamers can enjoy the intense tactical action and intriguing strategic gameplay all while criss-crossing a fictional African landscape! To mark the occasion, a new pack of screenshots exhibiting the addictive tactical and strategic action is now available for download.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Hired Guns has been highly anticipated by fans of the genre for quite some time and we’re confident that this title will deliver all the tactical turn-based action they can handle.”
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge is a turn-based strategy game that puts you command of a squad of specialists for hire in the genre’s biggest game-world yet: the African country Diamond Coast. Diamond Coast is a playground for the cruel and corrupt, each with their own agenda. Choose your friends wisely and buy an army of ruthless mercenaries to unleash mayhem on your foes. Choose “jobs” from different factions and complete them for cash to upgrade your weapons and hire more elite soldiers of fortune.
Tons of firepower and plenty of combat experience will give your team the edge when it comes to fighting, but smooth talk and a wad of bills can also go a long way towards ensuring success. With multiple story lines and endings, you’re in total control of your own fate.
- Ally with up to four different factions for unique bonuses.
- Crush your enemies with over 150 upgradeable weapons.
- Hire over 30 mercenaries to fill out multiple squads with various specialties and skills and unique personalities, some work together better than others - you'll need not only mercenaries with good weapon skills, but also medics, mechanics, scouts and leaders
- Destroy everything in your path with a fully interactive world and realistic physics.
- Gain territory with brains, brawn or cold hard cash.
- Determine your own fate with multiple storylines and endings
- Train your mercenaries to becomes experts at their craft or create all-around soldiers effective at every facet of combat.
- Attach special equipment to weapons like laser sights, scopes, grenade launches, and more to maximize their lethality.
- Smooth talk your enemies into working for you with the right combination of intimidation, wisdom, and money.
- Survey terrain and buildings in a fully 3D tactical mode. Zoom up close and personal to your mercenaries or back from the action to get a larger picture of the battle.
- Complete side missions to gain extra cash or loyalty
- Upgrade captured territories with extra defense or squeeze more cash from them with new facilities and upgrades.
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.