In Depth World War One strategy action now available for purchase
Matrix Games and AGEOD (www.ageod.com) are thrilled to announce that the new grand strategy game, World War One – La Grande Guerre, is now available for purchase via the Matrix Games Online Store! Players who have asked for a deep and detailed game of WWI have had their wishes fulfilled. Use all the tools of grand strategy – military, economic, political, technological - to achieve victory with one of 8 playable nations across a large and beautifully crafted map.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “World War One – La Grande Guerre lets players wage war across a gigantic map of Europe as it was in the early 20th century. Throw in fantastic historical realism and an engrossing game system and you’ve got a great First World War strategy game – and without the trench foot!”
As Europe mobilized in August 1914, both sides of what would be called World War I chanted “Home before the leaves fall!’’ Four long and bloody years later Europe lay in ruins and many once-enthusiastic patriots returned home disenchanted and broken ... Will YOU be able to prevent that outcome?
Take charge as a military and political leader during the most trying and critical times of World War One! As either a member of the Central Powers, the Entente or a neutral nation, you will confront the epic gauntlet of challenges that faced the likes of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha in scenarios that range from single theatres to the entire grand campaign.
Gaze over an incredibly detailed, beautifully crafted, and massive WWI map as you control dozens of different ground units, planes, and ships. To add further flavor to an already chaotic and intense period of conflict, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events can help turn the tide of war for or against you. Deftly craft new alliances and jockey for any advantage that can break the deadlock by using ambassadors in an innovative and intuitive diplomacy system.
- A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (4) including two Grand Campaigns following in Foch’s or Luddendorf's footsteps!
- The largest World War One map ever, with unequalled historically-flavored look and detail levels
- 8 playable major nations, dozens of different troops, planes and ships, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events, over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities
- An original diplomatic system, with your ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers
- Easy to play, hard to master, play a scenario over a few hours or a full grand campaign
- Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits and new weapons, use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows), take care of your nation’s will to fight!- Play secret stratagems to influence the course of events with famous characters like Lawrence of Arabia, Mata Hari, Lenin or the Red Baron
- Fight to reconquer lost provinces, ensure European or worldwide supremacy, or just survival of the old order: victory can be military or political, as national will, population morale and parliament all play a crucial role.
- Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade
- Dozens of fully customizable parameters to make the Great War yours for modding
- The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-modes turn-base resolution
- Playable via LAN or over the Internet in multiplayer mode
- AGEOD’s recognized dedication to historicity, realism, fun gameplay and good-looking games!