The successful Slitherine Strategies hit is now available at Matrix Games!
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Slitherine Strategies (www.slitherine.com) are excited to announce that the classic game of ancient warfare strategy and tactics, Legion Gold, is now also available from Matrix Games. In Legion Gold, players can command massive armies that march across the ancient world and build mighty cities that will last through the ages while also standing amid the blood and mud on the battlefield and commanding the tactical action of every battle!
Well-received by gamers and critics alike, Legion Gold is the expanded and improved version of its predecessor, Legion, and includes not only the original Legion game but a hefty expansion pack too! The “Gold” expansion brings gamers even more hours of gameplay on top of the already addicting Legion system. Improvements in Legion Gold over Legion include vastly improved diplomatic, economic, and management elements, improved strategic and tactical elements in the battle system, 3 new campaigns, new races, units, structures, and more!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Legion Gold is the definitive version of this Roman empire-building classic and we’re glad to be able to offer it at Matrix Games. With so many historical strategies and options available to the player, Legion Gold can offer near endless fun!”
The Matrix Games Online Store now offers the full range of ancient world strategy games from Slitherine Strategies, including Chariots of War, Gates of Troy, Spartan, Legion Gold and Legion Arena Gold.
Legion Gold is a revolutionary, high-level strategy game that incorporates strategic and tactical elements in a unique Roman Empire adventure. Control vast armies and attempt to carve out an Empire at the strategic level. At the tactical level, position your armies and make use of the best formations to achieve victory. Each map can be replayed a number of times in different settings, with different nations, giving you hours of gameplay.
Features of Legion Gold include:
- Many sides – Play against many unique tribes, nations and AI opponents from the Roman Empire era
- Detailed economy - control your cities, allocate workers, construct new buildings, build fortresses for protection and train new regiments
- Historical Accuracy - all maps, soldiers’ uniforms and weapons are accurately modeled to capture the flavor of the ancient world and its warfare
- Diplomacy - with so many opponents, careful use of diplomacy will be required if you're going to succeed
- 3D battlefields - 3D rendered terrain affects the combat model
- Huge realistic battles – based on historical data, the combat model provides a realistic look and feel as hundreds of men are displayed in epic battles