The long-awaited Napoleonic strategy game is packed, loaded, and ready to fire!
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to announce the release of the official computer adaptation of Australian Design Group's legendary grand strategy board game of the Napoleonic Wars, Empires in Arms!
Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which nation is the greatest in Europe. In a bid for mastery over the continent, players can succeed where Napoleon failed or try to stop the military genius quicker than his historical enemies could!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Empires in Arms appeals to so many different types of gamers: board gamers, Napoleonic fans, turn-based afficionados, and grand strategists. I’m confident that the anticipation and excitement that has been steadily building around this title from all these different groups will prove tobe well deserved when gamers finally get a chance to play this title.”
Marshall Ellis, Lead Developer of Empires in Arms, added “The wait is at long last over and I’m really excited to see the reactions of everyone who has been patiently waiting to finally play this great game. Thanks to all Empires in Arms fans who offered support and feedback over the course of the project and thanks to Matrix Games for making this all happen!”
The game moves in monthly turns where diplomacy and builds are conducted. Within the monthly turns there are a variable number of impulses where corps and fleets move about. All movement is simultaneous with battles occurring at the end of the impulse. Battles are resolved by players both picking a strategy and fighting a series of rounds in an attempt to break the enemy. Make and break alliances, declare war, invade minor nations, propose peace terms, build armies of landwehr, regulars, guards, light cavalry, heavy cavalry and artillery. Many historical leaders from the period are included to command corps and fleets, from Admiral Nelson to Marshal Davout to the Pashas of the Ottoman Empires.
Diplomacy and economics will complement the sharp bayonets and deadly cannons of your direct military might when you take the role of any of the major powers in 19th century Europe! As you conquer your weaker foes, use the money and resources from fallen nations to recruit new units and replenish your ranks. France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources, generals, armies and fleets for you to take command. Join the intricate and deadly contest of power that changed a continent and created a legend.
The slightest mistake could be the difference between the crown of Europe or exile to St. Helena. Step into history and find your destiny in Empires in Arms!
- Official licensed adaptation of the classic Empires in Arms board game from Australian Design Group (ADG)
- Encompasses the important aspects of diplomacy and warfare during the Napoleonic Wars from 1805 to 1815
- Control any one of seven major powers of the period (France, Great Britain, Russia, Austria, Prussia, Spain or Turkey)
- Includes some enhanced rules and play options added over the years by Empires in Arms players
- Create alliances, declare war, and negotiate peace terms on the path to admiration or condemnation
- Use money and manpower received from home provinces and conquered lands to raise an army and navy capable of military dominance.
- Conquer, manipulate or ally with a host of minor countries in your quest to build an empire
- Save your unit setups for quick reuse in later games, import / export battles for miniature games, multiplayer hotseat games, solo games, PBEM games
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.